In this modern age of consumerism, we see a wide range of drinks is available for purchase and consumption by the general public. You can buy anything under the sun if you have the money but the question is should you. As the old proverb goes ‘ Health is wealth’. Nothing is more important than making sure whatever you put on your body is healthy. Fizzy drinks for example are consumed almost daily; the little-known fact is that they kill 184,000 adults a year.
Soda is not among the world’s healthiest teas or drink, it has almost zero nutritional value, the large amounts of sugar are linked to causing diabetes, the carry carbolic acid which is proven to weaken teeth enamel resulting in tooth decay and cavities, it is also possible that regular use can lead to the weakening of your bones. Now compared to all that a glass of milk sounds better than a can of coke. Alot of the drinks available on the common markets often play on misconception and misinformation to attract customers.
The processed juices that we have available the juices go through a process of de-oxygenation which basically means all oxygen is removed from them to improve their shelf life and the taste and scent of the juices is made from the same laboratories that provide scents for famous perfume companies. A list of healthier alternatives would be actual fresh fruit juices, green tea or any such tea made from fresh tea leaves and Detox drinks that can be made from adding honey, cucumbers and mints.
Have you made a decision to lose weight and get a slim and skinny body? Before you get down to it, you should carefully think of what is it that you consider slim and skinny and then make sure to set specific and realistic goals for yourself.
How to Get Slim: Body Type
Most people associate slim and skinny figure with ectomorphic body type. Reasons lay in their fast metabolism, which makes it hard for them to gain weight. They have very little fat, lean muscle mass and generally thin build. Eva Mendes and Taylor Swift are good examples of this body type.
Mesomorphs can get and lose weight quickly. They can build up their muscle mass fast, too; they are naturally strong and athletic types. Famous mesomorphs are Janet Jackson, Anna Kournikova and Jessica Biel.
And finally, there is so called endomorphic body type. Unlike mesomorphs, endomorphs have to struggle and work hard to lose weight and body fat. Famous women with this body type are Scarlett Johansson and Beyonce.
Understanding what body type you have is important when you decide to get skinny and slim, because that is the factor which will determine how fast and easy you will achieve your goal. So, make sure to remember the following:
- Identify your body type
- Set realistic goals according to your body type. For example, if your body type is endomorphic, do not aim for type of skinny figures like Taylor Swift or Kate Moss, who are ectomorphs, but rather look up to those with endomorphic characteristics.
- Always take care of your health condition. Getting slim and skinny is great, but that should not be your goal at any cost. Being healthy and feeling well is in the first place.
Tips on How to Get Slim
- Identify your body type and decide on your role model according to it. Body type calculator can help you find out what body type you are.
- According to your body type, find out what is your ideal weight.
- Find out and keep the record of your body fat percentage. You should make sure to always keep it at a healthy level; both high and low percentages are a danger for your wellbeing, especially for females, and even more for young ones. The best would be to have it calculated professionally, but to get an estimate you can try out the body fat calculator.
- Eat small meals. An effective diet plan is to eat less, but often. Eat 5 or 6 times a day, and as results your energy and metabolic levels will be high, and you will manage hunger more successfully.
- Zig – zag or Calorie Rotation Diet. This method is based on repeated low and medium calorie intakes. For example, for three days you are supposed to be on a low – calorie diet, and then for one day on a medium – calorie intake. In this way, you will trick your body and prevent it from starting a starvation protection mechanism. Another advantage is that this method will help you not to cheat while on diet, thus helping you maintain your diet plans.
- Create a calorie deficit by eating 15 to 20 % less calories of what is your intake for maintaining your standard weight. You can use the calorie calculator to make an estimate of calorie – count your body needs daily to function normally. Stay away from crash diets and very low – calorie diets to prevent your body from initiating a starvation protection mechanism.
- Run off your weight. Running is a great way to get slim and skinny, but before you start, make sure to learn to run properly. We suggest you try out a beginners running programme. Start running and get ready to slim down.
- Go for cardiovascular exercise. This is a must if you aim for slim and toned body. Eating less is important and helps you shake off pounds, but it is not enough for a tone and definition of your body, unless you want to end up looking skinny fat.
Exercises will also increase your metabolic rate, which is the opposite of what dieting does. So, do not hesitate, exercise and go for cardio, beat those calories, boost your metabolism, improve your health and get a fabulous slim figure. Check out cardio workout plans for getting slim and burning off fat.
- Do resistance training. It will help you boost up your metabolic rate and build up a muscle mass you need to have a shaped and defined figure. You cannot have great legs without exercise; muscles will give them shape we all like. On the other side, losing muscles will make you look skinny – fat and soft, and you will end up will cellulite.
- Try out HIIT (high-intensity interval training). Studies show that this type of workout guarantees great results; it can burn up even 9 times more fat than standard workout. Although it is intensive and with very short breaks, it lasts for only about 20 minutes, and it is more efficient than 40 minutes steady – state session. It will not only burn your calories and will also kick your metabolic rate. For the best results, combine it with cardio. For example, if you workout five times a week, do cardio three times a week and add HIIT on those two days, just not in a row.
- Check out the Visual Impact Programme. This type of weight loss programme benefits both women and men; to women it helps with getting slim and shaped feminine figure, and for men it is designed to go for a muscular body, „GQ“looks, like Brad Pitt or Taylor Lautner.
Always keep in mind that before you get down to any type of diet and exercise plan, it is the best to consult your doctor. In that way you will get all the pieces of information and advice you need on how to lose weight and body fat in a healthy way.